We made it!
Yesterday was a rainy, cold, long day....but we made it!
We had some difficulties with "the couch", but managed to get it out of the apartment. When I say "we", I mean Kyle, Dan, and Tommy (who will never forgive us). We weren't, however, able to get "the couch" into the guest house here.
If you're confused about the issues we had with this couch and why...well, I'd love to show you pictures. I took a quite a few. However, my 5 month old phone fell out of my sweatshirt pocket and bounced about 4 times to the bottom of the moving van ramp. I picked it up and it looked fine--until Tommy, the buzz kill-- told me to try to turn it on. No dice. No pictures. No phone.
Today I called the Delano Verizon store at 9am. The guy who answered said he didn't open until 11, but he knew how panicked most people get about broken phones on a Sunday morning after a night out. I told him that wasn't quite the case here. However, when I stopped by he promptly helped me restart service on my old reliable trusty iphone 4....which now feels like a brick, with a small screen, out of date apps, and next to no ability to pick up service anywhere within 10 miles of where we live. Oh well.
As we unpack boxes and assess the work that needs to be done, I'll leave you with this picture of Kyle walking across our driveway (that's a driveway there, under those leaves, don'tyaknow). It's quite beautiful out here with the leaves turning. Let's hope it stops raining long enough to see them.

No comments:
Post a Comment