Monday, October 21, 2013

I need a weekend from my weekend!!

Whewwww....I need some time to recover from my weekend.

No, not in the way that I used to need a recovery weekend (re: Friday nights in Uptown, Saturdays spent "brunching" at Edina Grill).

Terry and Duane came down Thursday night (mother and father-in-law) to check out the house, the puppy, and help with some projects.

While Duane and Kyle got to work on...well...digging holes I guess...Terry and I started fixing up the guest house. It's a 1 bedroom, 1 bath, about 920sq foot apartment above the garage. Since we live all the way out here now if we have any friends visit they are most likely going to be staying over, and I'd like it to look nice.

While I was at work Friday Kyle and Duane took out the window air conditioners and reinforced a support beam holding the deck up. Friday night Terry and I picked up paint and got started painting. We did the living room a light yellow (called Baby Curls....creepy name? I think so.) the kitchen red (kidney bean red...who comes up with these names), and the bedroom a tan (honey caramel, first legit paint name, how was it possible that a paint name made me hungry?). The man mixing our paint in town at the hardware store told us not to paint at night because it's easy to make mistakes. Well not only did we paint at night, but we painted at night while drinking wine. Obvi. Household tasks are much more interesting while consuming a adult beverage (see facebook picture of last week's vodka-soda in a mason jar leave raking). 

OK, enough talking.
It's picture time.
yo.



Living Room Before

Living room AFTER (but before I get decorating)
Duane watching Terry do all the heavy lifting.

Miley AFTER walking into a wall with wet paint.
Dinner--yummm....

Sunday night funday night? Mimosa and current events. Mischa Barton...girl where have you been Marissa Cooper.

And, for the first time....I'm doing the link-up with Sami!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great, but very busy weekend! And drinking while reading my favorite magazine...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete