Thursday, October 10, 2013

SNAKES! SNAKES ON A LIVING ROOM LANDING!

Yes, you read that right.

I tried to get Kyle to reenact what happened 2 nights ago but he refused.

I'm not even sure I'm ready to talk about it.

Ugh...ahhh...ughhahghgha....

OK. I'll keep this short.

We have no furniture. We do have a 70 inch TV. We were watching Anchor Man in sleeping bags on the floor.

Kyle got up to go to the bathroom. He steps up out of our sunken living room and says, "don't look, don't come over here. You won't like what you see."

I stand up ( in my sleeping bag) and inch forward to investigate. Then I see it. A snake. Sliding down the step into the sunken living room. Toward me. Tongue out.

I start yelling (crying), there a snake! In the living room!

His response.....

"another one?"

ANOTHER ONE?! ANOTHER ONE?!! MORE THAN ONE!?

I have no idea how this happened but he grabbed two wooden poles from a spare bedroom and started spearing them.

I'm in the corner of the living room standing in a sleeping bag crying, scream, pointing.

Kyle is practically doing the splits to spear both snakes at the same time.

Finally, they die. Blood is everywhere. Ok ok, a few little spatters. It's snake blood, so it seems worse. Ughh. ahhh. gahhh. gag.

We found how they got in. It's fixed. Every time I walked down the stairs yesterday I'd say "snakes, snakes I'm ready. I'll get you."

History shows that if I did see one I'd stand in a corner crying and screaming simultaneously.

Country life. Yep, I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment