Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend Recap

Another weekend in the books!

At least this one felt like it lasted awhile. 

Friday Kyle went Downtown for a guys night/going away party for our friend Jason. So it was me and puppy on our own for the first time.

We started with making some Caramel Apple Mini Pies.....


That is a Red's Apple Ale with a bit of Smirnoff Caramel Kissed vodka in a mason jar glass. So good. 

I don't have a after picture of these, because honestly, they looked terrible. My fault completely. I had so much of the apple filling....and so little of the dough....I just couldn't stand the thought of throwing away all those apples. So I SUPERSTUFFED those pies. The egg-wash that needed to go on top? I don't have a brusher thing to gently apply the egg wash to my overstuffed pies. So I used a spoon. I ended up with funky yellow marks across my pies, and a cookie sheet full of scrambled (and burnt) eggs. Oops. Need to work on my reasoning baking skills.

They did taste really good. We got the Bed Bath & Beyond ad the other day and they have mini pie pans--that might make them look a little better.

After we were done baking Miley and I mixed up another Caramel Apple Ale (ok she didn't help much) and went to try to find something to watch on Netflix. I've had Netflix for all of 2 days and was very excited about finding a movie. However, they really don't have any good new movies. We ended up watching Parenthood episodes. I thought it was a show with that lady from the Pepsi commercials and Al Bundy.

Turns out I was mistaken. Thank goodness.

 LOVED IT! I mean, it has "Coach" in it! That lady from Gilmore Girls, The crazy chick from Swimfan, and that guy from Sports Night. Not to mention the guy who married Kristin Bell. I think he used to be on Jackass, but he was definitely in Employee of the Month with Jessica Simpson.

I'm not great with names.

Miley and I crushed about 6 episodes Friday night. We are pretty wild and crazy chicas.

Saturday morning Miley woke me up exactly at 6am. Not cool pup. So we got up to make coffee and watch more Parenthood until Kyle got home from his night out in the big bad city.

 
up by 6am---cashed out by 8am.
Saturday was pretty uneventful. Although we did go into town to try a Mexican restaurant. I'm really loving that I haven't eaten at a chain restaurant in a long time.

Sunday we had a steady stream of visitors that wanted to come see me. Lie. They wanted to come see the puppy.

My Aunt stopped out to see the house and puppy in the morning. Then my brother stopped by to watch football.

Miley sure didn't mind having another person around to take a nap on.

I made some Kneopla soup and taco in a bag. Don't know what Kneopla soup is? Check out my blog about foods I never knew existed. Turned out pretty good, but I woke up this morning still full.

In the evening our friends Jackie and John came over to watch the Vikings vs Packers game. Vikes started out strong--but as always they sucked it up the rest of the game. It was awesome to have Jackie and John drive out here though. From St. Paul thats quite a hike. 

Miley was a little overwhelmed with all the visitors.

 I found her sleeping in her tipped over toy basket.

We rejoined the group and she took yet another nap. She's the best at napping.

Now it's Monday--only 5 days until the weekend!

Linkin' up with Sami!


2 comments:

  1. I seriously could look at pictures of Miley all day! Her eyes in the one where she's in the tipped over box...HEART MELTED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over the weekend I bought the kissed carmel vodka! I used apple juice though, the apple cider is a genius idea! Definitely trying that! Happy to be a new follower!

    Tatteredtotaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete