This weekend is our last weekend before becoming home owners.
As I reflect back on the last 16 months, I can't help but think about how great of an experience it was to live in a one bedroom apartment.
Yes, I'm excited for more space. I'm excited for a garage. For less noise. For more space.
(not having my tires stolen off my car, getting towed, dogs barking, sharing washer/dryer with an entire floor)
I have only experienced 1 year of marriage the way we did it. However, being the advice giving gal I am (yes I know you weren't asking for advice....stick with me...) I wouldn't have done it any other way.
Why you ask?
Well, let me tell you why.....
940 sq foot apartment fun fact #1:
When one person is doing laundry, the other person CAN NOT ignore that this is happening.
This forces both parties to participate in clothes folding, sock searching, Tuesday night fun-ness.
Small space fun fact #2:
TV.
ohhhhh, the TV.
When I lived with 3 girls the tv was either on Bravo, Lifetime, TLC, or ABC.
TV viewing is a two way street my friends.
Do you know who Lee and Tiffany are?
I do.
Do you know who Theresa and Joe are?
Kyle does.
(please refer to hunting channel and real housewives respectively)
Little tiny apartment fun fact #3:
Every been mad at someone when you can hear them sneeze from anywhere in your living space?
We have.
Being mad doesn't last long. It really hasn't. You can't avoid someone, you have to fix the problem.
What I've learned in a nut shell:
We spend a lot of time together because we live in a small space. However, we have learned to like (or be tolerant of) the others likes, dislikes, living habits.
Example, you ask?
The last one out of the bedroom in the morning has to make the bed.
I'm not gonna lie, sometimes there's been a sprint out of the room in the morning. This is also true for bathroom time. I used to set my alarm and Kyle would hear it go off, jump out of bed, and make a break for the bathroom to beat me there. So I started setting my alarm for 2 mins before he was scheduled to get up and doing the same.
Are we competitive? Nahhh.....
.....yesssssss.
It's good to get your heart rate up, right? Those sprints do a body good.
I'm excited for whats ahead. I'm also grateful for the experiences of the last year.
Let's do this.
No comments:
Post a Comment