Today was a day of extremes.
I recently had some changes in my job. I now spend a vast majority of my week an a decidedly more urban area than I used to. Out of the country, out of the suburbs, into the city.
This morning I left for work at 5:45am so I could stop and get gas. I was bleary eyed and not totally with it yet when I pulled into the gas station. I grabbed my debit card, and collected the totally embarrassing fast food bags in my back seat to throw away.
Fun fact: I hate fast food and eat it maybe once every three months, only if Kyle drags me there. In the last 2 weeks? Egg white delight sandwiches have become my jam. I'm ashamed to say that earlier this week at the McDonald's next to one of my accounts the drive through guy greeted me with "welcome back". Low moment right there.
Back to the gas station. Dumped my humiliating collection of trash, got gas, got in the car, speed-raced the 50 miles to my first account. I get there, get my stuff done, walk back out to my car, and see a man standing next to my car. Puking.
No, not puking, what some people would refer to as "spewing".
Ughhh, now what. I say excuse me and carefully walk around his puddle to my door. He looks me up and down and goes, "hey, Marilyn Monroe....gimme $10?"
I tell him I don't have cash. He shrugs, and stumbles away singing, grabs the car next to mine and continues to puke.
I get in my car and look at the clock. 8:30am. Perfect. That guy is having a hell of a day.
I do a check to make sure I have everything. Ipad, Iphone, Surface tablet, purse....
I open my purse for some reason today and my debit card is gone.
Oh...no. Maybe I didn't put it back in my purse after the gas station and it fell out in this city parking lot when I walked into the account hours ago.
Maybe Pukes McGee is buying booze with Marilyn Monroe's debit card.
I panic, check my bank account online, start my drive to my next account. I'm beyond panicked. Cancelling my card before the weekend would suck. After a hour I think, maybe...oh just maybe somehow I dropped it at the country gas station.
I look up the gas station number and make the call.
Yep, they have it. It's in the safe. A customer found it and brought it in.
Thank goodness for good small town country folks who aren't puking in parking lots before 9am.
No comments:
Post a Comment