Thursday, September 4, 2014

The day I almost bought a Fitbit....

Last week as I was driving home from work I decided to buy a Fitbit. I'd been thinking about it awhile, and after only hearing good things figured it was time I pulled the trigger. I have a Samsung phone that automatically tracks my steps each day, and it is such a motivator to move. However, I rarely have my phone actually on me while at work. It's usually in my bag or on a counter or in my car. As I'm driving home from work through the last city before we hit country land and electronic stores are few an far between, I get a text from Kyle. He needs a special type of flour for a deep dish pizza he is making for dinner that night. Yes, deep dish pizza on the day I'm putting down money on a health device. I wasn't going to argue. A night off from cooking sounded too good. Besides, it was Friday. All bets are off on Fridays.

Back to business. 

I stopped at a Sports Authority that had a Trader Joe's next to it. I went into Trader Joe's, asked for the flour, it was a no go. Well, you can't just walk out of Trader Joe's empty handed. I already had a  basket hanging from my arm after all. I immediately went for the Cookie Butter. If you're familiar with Cookie Butter, you'll get this no explanation needed. If not, well....I'm not sure what you're really supposed to do with Cookie Butter, but I eat it from the jar with a spoon. Amazingly delicious. Cookie Butter in basket I continued down the frozen food aisle. Maybe I'll find some healthy dinner options, I thought, oh so foolishly. What do I first come upon but Cookie Butter ice cream. Yes folks, it's true. Into the basket it went. Followed shortly by some French Berry Lemonade, a couple blocks of cheese (it's Friday!) and a box of crackers. I was all set to check out. The people that work at TJ's are so ridiculously nice. No judgement at all as this woman unloads my basket of cheese, ice cream, fizzy sugar in a bottle, and crack in a plastic jug (crack being Cookie butter, obviously). 

I couldn't even wait to get home to get my Cookie Butter on. I brought it up to the front seat with me, and when a inspection of my lunch bag provided no spoon, I used my fingers. MY FINGERS, IN A JAR OF COOKIE BUTTER! Yes, I understand what you all think of me right now. 

I pull out onto the highway, ducking my head when cars pass by so they can't see me licking Cookie Butter off my fingers. It's about 5 miles from the country that I realize I never went into Sports Authority. Not only did I never buy my Fitbit, which in my head would ensure a healthy and productive long weekend ahead full of congratulatory beeps and buzzes for all the steps I'm taking and all the good choices I'm making. At this point I'm doing the exact polar opposite of making good choices. There was nothing to do but call my best friend and work best friend and tell them what I had done. Confession clears the soul they say, I knew they'd tell me it was ok.

Laughter ensued. Well, that didn't work. 

Then again, it wasn't me that made these bad choices, it was the day of the week (Friday!) all bets are off on Fridays. 

Or, it was the baby. Yes, the baby. The helpless,defenseless naval-oranged size creature growing inside me that cannot defend itself and say "awwnahhh Mama I didn't want any Cookie Butter". 

Yes, I'm preggo. Did I forget to mention that? That's a post for another time.

This is a post about fitness and health, and how I almost....almost....ok wasn't even close to achieving either of these on this particular Friday.

Better luck next week.

The Score:
Cookie Butter: 1 
Lola: 0

Happy Thursday! If you want to read about actual people making healthy choices head on over to Katie's blog for The Healthy Habits Link-Up. 
Sorry for this lemon Katie!

2 comments:

  1. This story made me laugh, and it's waaaay too relatable to my life haha (minus the pregnant part). But really, all bets are off on Friday's after a full week of work... no judgement here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh CONGRATS ON THE BEBE!!!! :) And your story was pretty hilarious. Cookie butter > most things. Also, this: "crack in a plastic jug." Yes. Basically spot on.

    xo

    ReplyDelete