Friday, September 5, 2014

Oh Hey Fri-Fri!

Friday, good to see ya!

I thought I'd take time in this post to highlight my 5 best memories of Summer. I'm also linking up with the girls over at The Farmers Wife and September Farm.

Let's get to it, shall we?

5.Our August roadtrip out to Montana. 

On the way we stopped at WE fest, which I went to sober. (That's a post for another time) I got to see my bestie who moved to Fargo, and I drank the biggest lemonade I could find while pretending it was a Summer Shandy. We continued on to Bismarck, North Dakota, where we only stopped for gas, and this "burger" the locals (aka my husband who grew up here) think is the shiizzz. We continued on to Montana for Kyle's family event, which I took about 2 pictures of due to a lot of phone roming which killed my battery. After a few days there we headed to Wyoming to hike the Big Horn Mountains, and rounded out the trip with a stop at Mount Rushmore and a morning hike of the Badlands.
I was probably wishing I could rip that beer out of her hand and slam it down my throat. Yep. Truth.



A Big Boy "Pizza Burger Flying Style" with a side of fries and gravy, naturally.

Kyle's family's farm in Montana
Avoiding rattlesnakes on a morning hike in Badlands National Park

#4 Cabin Time

My family has had this cabin for 50ish years. Kyle and I love going up there, and this year little Ms. Miley got to enjoy it too. She swam for the first time, and couldn't get enough. Unfortunately, she for some reason things the lake is where she should go to the bathroom and makes a mad sprint from the door to the lake to pee. Mortifying. I blame Kyle.


Reading Gone Girl....can't wait for the movie!

#3 St. Croix

I got to start my summer off by going to St. Croix in the Virgin Islands for a work trip. I was bummed Kyle wasn't able to get off work to come. It was however, one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.

St. Croix

Why yes, that is a pig. Drinking a beer.

Naked Turtle Rum, Coconut sparkling water, and Pineapple juice. YES PLEASE.

#2 The Street Dance

I finally attended my first street dance! I have heard of these "street dances" from all my North Dakota friends for years, but had never attended one. In the city, I guess this would be considered a block party? Except block parties don't include the whole town, $2 beers ( I spent $60, how is this possible?), a 80s band, and our friend Dan doing somersaults across Main Street. It was everything I expected, a drunken dance in the street. I wasn't even preggo yet so I could get in on the bad dancing and questionable decisions. I was nervous about going into the grocery store for 2 weeks after this party.

Pregamming with Sangria

Kyle, Myself, Our Best Man, and Maid of Honor

I just wanted one nice picture with Kyle, thanks guys.
#1 Finding out

Finding our we were going to have a kiddo is going to have to take the #1 spot. It was a 2 day process, with me finally taking a test on a Friday morning, putting said test in a drawer, going for a run, coming back and seeing a digital 'pregnant' result. I then proceeded to not really believe it and go to work. On the way home Kyle asked me to pick up beer for the weekend. I grabbed some non-alcoholic white wine and a pack of O'Doules. I left it on the kitchen counter with the test. When he came in to grab a beer he got really defensive because he thought I was trying to tell him he drinks too much. I had to tell him to go back and look again, and then he finally saw the test. We're both very very happy, excited, and looking forward to February! The only downer was that we found out the weekend before the 4th of July when Kyle's entire family was coming to spend 4 days with us. I had to hide a case of Labattes NA beer in the garage and drink it out of a koozie. Ugh, worst tasting stuff ever. 


4th of July at our town fair with $3 Blue Moons on special. Sad day for me.

Getting back from my run the day I found out I was pregnant. Hopefully my tummy will look like the again someday. PS. Those paint samples? STILL haven't picked one. If you have a good 'light blue but not pastel and not gray' suggestion I'm all ears.

Terrible, horrible, ughh. This is NOT beer. I drank it for 4 days straight in an attempt to be secretive.

And there ya have it peps, this summer was a good one. Now on to my most favoritest season of them all, fall! It was 85 and humid here today, but I'm crossing my fingers for some good fall temps to go along with all the football Kyle is watching tonight. We already have a country bonfire planned with the neighbors for Saturday night to kick things off.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment