How far along? 28 weeks today! Time is flying!
Baby’s size? Size of a coconut.
Total Weight Gain: 30 pounds.
Yep, I put it out there. I was in shock when I stepped on the scale. HOWEVER, I did have boots on, and pants....my big watch, a necklace....so maybe it was more like 28 pounds. Either way, I think I'm going to blow by that recommended 25-35 pound weight gain. I was talking with a girl the other day who only gained 5 pounds, 5 POUNDS, until her last month when she put on an additional 10 pounds. Boohoo honey.
I can only blame myself for this, I know. Those McFlurrys...they've been calling my name for 3 weeks now. Soft serve ice cream is my jam. Might be time to chill (haha) on the ice cream.
Stretch marks? Nope, thought I saw the start of some though. I've been greasing up with the extra moisture-locking technology of jergens and the like.
Sleep: I've been pretty tired the last week. I fall asleep fast and wake up 3-4am and can't fall back asleep. At least the back pain is almost non-exsistant.
Best moment this week: Passing my glucose test yesterday! As I was waiting for my hour to pass I met with the doctor, her pager went off and she had to excuse herself. I could hear her in the hall talking to a nurse about how she had a patient who was 7cm and she told the nurse to have the women push and she'd be there in 5 mins. Then the doctor came back in, asked how my Thanksgiving was, asked how work was...the timer was sitting in front of me for my test so I watched as 5 mins ticked by. I was getting panicky that the doctor was still sitting there while some women was pushing at the hospital next door. I kept my questions short, babies heartbeat sounded good, I measured exactly on at 28 weeks, and I was out of there. I looked out the window and saw the doctor jogging across the street to the hospital a minute later. What a pro.
Miss Anything? Still missing my old clothes. The Limited has the BEST new line of clothes out from the TV show Scandal. I pretty much want everything, but alas...all I wear is leggings.
Oh and I miss wine. A Lot.
Oh and I miss wine. A Lot.
Movement: Lots more movement. Kicks and punches. Miley was laying on my stomach yesterday napping and must have felt the baby kick. She jumped off the couch and wouldn't come near me again for awhile. She has since recovered and is sleeping on my feet currently.
Food cravings: McFlurries, McFlurries, McFlurries.
There was a fast food protest this week that shut down one of our major highways, and my first thought was....I hope there's still someone to make my McFlurry.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just the scale at the doctors office.
Gender: Girl!
Labor Signs: Nope!
Symptoms:Guilt at ice cream consumption.
Belly Button in or out? In, but...it's looking very strange lately.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Cries this week: 1/2. I watched a rerun of the second to last Sex and The City episode on Oxygen, the one where Carrie is going to leave for Paris and Big shows up to say he screwed up. Yep, not much else to say about that.
Looking forward to: Dan's Ugly Christmas sweater party tonight. Usually I decorate a sweater or dress...this year I'll be wearing a shirt I bought from J.Crew 2 sizes bigger than usual featuring a reindeer with a scarf on. Workin' with what I have people.
Also looking forward to doctors appointments every 2 weeks now. Since the holidays are coming up I scheduled my next 2, which will take me through January 2nd. After that appointment the doctor said to make sure to bring Kyle to appointments in case we need to make any decisions about when baby will be coming. Very exciting!
And a trip down memory lane...ugly Christmas sweater parties of years past.
![]() |
| Krae and I, 2011 |
![]() |
| Merri and I, 2012 |
Have a great weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment