December 6th was the last time I wrote? Wow...I'd say I was slacking, but life has been busy. Actually, I don't know what I was doing with all my time pre-baby. I had so much free time then, I wish I could have bottled it up and saved some for now. I'm writing this post while the little Miss does some of the sleeping she SHOULD have done last night. I hear they (babies) sleep through the night eventually...fingers crossed.
So what has been going on over here?
Well, we had our little Miss Reese Marie on February 26th.
![]() |
| Meeting Miss Reese |
Girlfriend weight in at a whopping 9 lbs 2 oz. The doc had just told me a few days before that I was rocking a 8-8.5 lb baby.
It must have been those last few McFlurry's and Golden Birthday Cake Oreos that put her over the 9lb mark.
Labor was pretty easy. I can see what 'they' say about time erasing your memory of the pain. All in all though it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be (shout out to epidurals!). I started pushing at 4:00pm and she was born at 4:30 on the dot.
![]() | |
| Day 1 |
My old life seems so long ago. As I prepare to go back to work in 2 1/2 weeks (yikes, cue the tears) I have no idea how I'm going to leave you at daycare Reesers. We are far from having a set routine during the day, and some days are better than others (I'm talking about you, 2 month shots, when I say 'others'), but I'd still rather be here doing this Mom-thing than anywhere else.
Most days.
JK.
No, but really...what is WITH this "Witching hour" business.
Get ready for many more baby posts to come. That is, when she naps long enough for me to get this ancient laptop rolling, remember my password to log into this blog, and am able to hammer out a few keystrokes while simultaneously shoveling coffee and low-cal foods in my mouth and yelling at the dog to stop barking at blades of grass.
Have a great Thursday!
~L


No comments:
Post a Comment