Thursday, May 22, 2014

That one time I wrote a super suspenseful blog.

The worst part about not writing for a long time is trying to figure out where to pick up, or how to start off. Maybe if I wrote more often this wouldn't be so tricky. We'll see how that goes.

It's finally spring time out here in the country! Seriously, after the winter we've had I thought it would NEVER EVER come. However, just like every year, the snow finally has melted and I think we're in the clear. Bring on summer!

Our first spring in our new house. Our first spring not living in the city. So far, so good.

The super exciting thing that has been happening the last few weeks is this....PERENNIALS.

Truth: I've never said that word before the last few weeks. Never knew what it was.

Turns out the lady who lived here before us was quite the 'green thumb' (I hear that means, good at playing with dirt). There are little green and purple doo-dads springing up EVERYWHERE. All different kinds! Super exciting to keep finding new ones. Even the ones that Miss Miley trampled on and dug up. Tough little guys. I think I'm going to like these Perennial guys. I even capitilized Perennial. That's how much our friendship means to me.

If any of you don't know what they are, they are plants you put in the ground once and they magically reappear every year without you having to do anything.

Or something like that.

It's dark out right now, or getting there, so I can't take a picture of the wide assortment we have. Don't you worry though, I'm sure I can whip out the camera phone and delight you all with their beauty...and by beauty I mean their insane toughness to survive -55 degree temps this winter, a puppy who tried to destroy all outdoor landscaping, and a owner who had no idea they existed. That's straight up beauty to me.

I've written so much and posted so few pictures. Totally not my style. So let's get to it, shall we?

I had never been to a greenhouse...it was amazing how much variety they had. I wanted to buy everything.

Shout out to my little Bro.

Bought some Hydrangeas. These guys were a double wammy...a)they're my FAV we used them at my wedding. b) perennials!! The lazy person's best friend in gardening! Plus, if I kill them this year they'll replace them for free. Guaranteed success.

Me and Miss Miley...chillin' infront of our pre-in the ground purchases. Both of us...totally photogenic to the max.

My wonderful Mother-In-Law...who taught me everything I currently know about gardening! Now if only I could learn how to carry 2 beers AND a bag of potting soil at the same time (that matches her sweater no less!).

End of a hard days work, hiding from the rain and having some drinks. Oh, did I not mention what Kyle and his Dad did all day? Hmmm.....must of not been as important as planing flowers.

After pictures to come...gotta have some suspense to this blog. I mean, seriously, talk about a cliff hanger. I know you're all wondering...but what happened? What happened to all the flowers you bought? How do they look? What were Kyle and his dad doing that whole time? How many bottles of wine did you drink that weekend (trick question....here's a hint, there was a box involved). I got you all right where I want you, right on the edge of your city loving seats waiting to see how all this excitement will end in the country.

Right?

Right....



No comments:

Post a Comment