Thursday, April 10, 2014

Back to Reality

Ahhh.....Vacation. How I wish I had more of thee. 

We just returned from 6 days in Mexico, which was amazing. Usually by the end of a trip I'm ready to get home, but I could have stayed many more days sunning myself on the beach, reading books at the pool, and being asked every 20 mins if I need a new drink. 

I read and finished Divergent. 

It was certainly no Hunger Games.I'm not sure I liked it enough to read another in the series.I see lots of cabin time and sitting on the patio this summer so you never know.

And I started Orange Is The New Black
Which I am currently loving.
Do you see a theme here? If it's a movie or TV show, apparently I'm willing to give it a read. Partially because there has been enough interest that I want to keep up with what everyone is talking about. 

I watched about half a episode of OITNB on Netflix (I had to go to  bed at 9:15...old lady here) and it was was more graphic than the book is so far. We'll see how close the show follows the book.

So aside from reading, I drank a lot of margaritas, had my first Malibu Diet since oh um maybe I was 22, ate more chips and guacamole than I have in years, and did a lot of walking on the beach. Pretty perfect vacation in my book.


My last 2 New Years I've made resolutions to take more pictures. As with most resolutions, this one did not stick. Luckily, Bethany was there to pick up  my slack.  The pictures I did take were mostly on my old school camera, and my old school laptop I type on (old school being circa 2007) has 4, count'em, 4 non-working USB drives. So the problem therein lies in how to transport pics off Le Ol' camera to Le Ol' Computer. 

I'll get back to ya on that one.

In the meantime, here are a few pics there I do have on hand. If by 'on hand' you mean they were texted to me, I copied them off facebook, or happened to be 1 of the 3 pictures I took with my phone. 

Mexico!

Before dinner night 1 (still pretty pale)

Last Day :(
Beers and afternoon pool time. 


The only good news about coming back home to the country was that the weather has vastly improved. On the day we flew out they were forecasting 'Thundersnow' and up to 10 inches. Which apparently happened, but had all melted by the time we came back. Yesterday it was 70 degrees which felt like a miracle after this winter. We still  have some snow out here, but its a vast improvement.

Time to stop avoiding the stark realization that this vacation is indeed over and get back to work,  for 2 whole days before the weekend. I hope I can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment