I have a glass of wine, bowl of cookies and cream, and a snoring puppy next to me. Can you think of a better combo? Oh, more episodes of Parenthood with a sprinkle of Friday Night Lights? JACKPOT!
I'm flying solo this weekend, and most of the week, with Kyle up north huntin'. I was nervous about being alone with "the beast" for so many days, but we've been keeping busy.
Friday we got a new furnace in the garage/guest house. Why is this so exciting? A) So stuff stays warm. B) Because of the name of the furnace, I can't walk into the garage (not that I do it too often) without laughing.
Behold the "Hot Dawg"....ahhh! Someone with a sense of humor. I like it.
Saturday we (me and puppy...I'm becoming the crazy cat lady) woke up early and went to our first day of puppy school. Miley had fun but....didn't do "great". She became fast friends with a Australian Shepard who she rough-housed with most of free time. We had a few time outs because Miley was too rough. Then came in a golden-doodle named Norman. Miley kept pulling chunks of his hair out and knocking him down. The trainer said she needed to have a "come to Jesus" talk with Miley? She held her down on her back until Miley's arm's went limp. I stood by feeling embarrassed, and a tad nervous about my puppy getting choked out. The other owners just watched my formerly sweet puppy get the ultimate punishment. WTH Miley--don't make Mama look dumb when she's trying to fit in. Come on girl, moving to a new town ain't easy!
Class tired her out, which was AWESOME. I had a calm puppy most of the afternoon. We also left with a free day camp certificate. So Wednesday I'm sending Miley to 12 hours of camp to learn manners and play with "the big dogs". Quite literally, lets see her try to beat up full size dogs.
![]() |
| Found her in the bathroom like this after class. |
Saturday night I went to the hardware store (PARRR-TY!). I picked out paint for our office/treadmill room and guest room. I thought I could get everything done this weekend. I ended up only getting one coat of paint in the office. Oh well.
Saturday night my friend Lisa came over to hang out. We caught up here for awhile then went "downtown" to grab a drink. Lisa asked the bartender for a Ketel One Vodka. The bartender goes, you want one vodka? Lisa, no, do you have Ketel One Vodka? Bartender, I don't know what you're say you're saying.
Welcome to the country.
I had 2 mich golden bottles, she had 2 stoli vodkas, and our tab was $7 and change.
Country bars. Can't complain!
Today Miley and I started having some pretty deep conversations. By that I mean, Kyle has been gone 3 days...and well, Miley is a good listener. She usually agrees with what I'm saying too. Unless I tell her to stop eating something that she wants to eat. That doesn't go well.
I painted most of this morning and afternoon. It took WAY longer than I thought. I still need to do another coat of this green paint I'm using tomorrow, and then tape off and paint my cream colored paint after that. Ughhhh....I haven't even started on the guest room. Painting is SOOOOO fun, like when you're buying paint. After a few hours, I'm all....is this over yet? It isn't.
Didn't help that my lil' lady was pulling the tape off the wall just as fast as I put it up.
I locked her out of the room and when I went to take a break (aka grab a beer) I found this...
Little Miss took her toy bucket to the hallway, filled it with her favorite toys, and tossed her food dish in there. She was very proud.
Tonight (Sunday) Karine came out to hang. We had a awesome time drinking wine, catching up, and she introduced me to this show called Friday Night Lights.
Well shoooot....now I have 2 shows to binge watch. How am I ever going to get anything done with so many episodes to catch up on?
After Karine left I got Miley ready to take bath. I thought she would hate it, but to my surprise she loved it! After she was done and dried off she kept trying to jump back in the tub. Crazy girl.
Tomrorow Miley is going to my mom's for the day. Fingers crossed she isn't a terror. Consitering her main objective today seemed to be eating the fake ficus tree, I think my mom will be in for a long day.
It was a great weekend! I'm so excited for Kyle to get back Wednesday...and to have a few of our other friends out next Saturday.
5 days until the weekend! We can do this people!!


No comments:
Post a Comment