We're going to see our first house with our relator Sandy this morning!!
Also, big fat apologize for how dramatic I was in that last post. We have only parked my car on the street once since then. I held my breath the entire walk to the car in the morning. All wheels intact--woop woop! The apartment complex must have listened to me more than I thought because they have (supposedly) hired a security company to drive down the street with flashing orange lights once an hour. I've only seen it once, right after the theft, but they told me they hoped to continue it for a few months. Also, the city is going to put in an additional street light to help deter crime in October. Looks like spazzing out gets things done. This time anyway!
So where was I....oh yes, going to see our first home with Sandy! Kyle and I have gone to 3 open houses in about 2 years by ourselves. The first one was a huge surprise, it looked amazing online! We neglected to look at room dimensions and were disappointed that only one room could hold a bed bigger than a twin. Boo! The second home we looked at we knew was a good size, but it was very narrow. The open house was crowded and the home sold a few weeks later. It wasn't for us, but I'm glad we went. This last open house we went to 2 weeks ago looked great online, room sizes looked good, great location a few miles from Kyle's office, and 5 acres of land. However, when we got there the rooms were very awkward, they had converted the garage into a strange useless room, you could hear cars constantly on the road, and the additions that were put onto the house sloped and were not done very well. Not to mention that although it was on 5 acres it was super close to the next house and then the lot went back into a wildlife sanctuary (swamp).
The house we are going to see today came as a surprise. We had already decided to wait until November to get back into the house hunt, but of course I kept my eye on inventory anyway. I was showing Kyle a house I thought was SO COOL, a refurbished school house built in the late 1800s! He was so not impressed with living in a school. Right below that listing was a house that, from the small picture, looked like a church. Ok fine, no schoolhouse, how about a church. Once we looked thru it though we realized it was actually pretty great. It had just been listed that day and was super reasonably priced. My mom's friend is a realtor and had just helped my brother buy a house this past spring. I had mentioned to her at my bridal shower that we would be looking for a house, but hadn't contacted her about it. Tuesday night Kyle and I were so excited about this house that we shot her a email, heard back right away, set up a showing on Wednesday for Friday and now here we are! Both of us had a hard time sleeping last night. We did a drive by, location is great, a little farther out from Minneapolis than I had originally thought we'd go, but it's in a great little town. Commute to Kyle's work would be 10 mins or less. Commute for me? Ughhh....well, I drive 100-150 miles a day. So this might cut it to about 75-125 miles a day. Less highway, more country back roads.
Everyone I've talked to told me to look at between 20-50 houses. If looking online counts I've looked at 100s. In real life? 3. Kyle is sold on this house already, but I have a hard time making a decision. At the grocery store last week Kyle asked me to pick up ranch dressing. I spent a very long 5-8 mins trying to decide. Fat free ranch, sugar free, reduced fat, buttermilk ranch, bacon ranch, name brand, save 4 cents on cub brand, oragnic, gluten free....decisions are not easy for me people. This was salad dressing. A house? Ohh hell.
One step closer to country life!
No comments:
Post a Comment